Monday 16 February 2015

Simple Slimming Suppers!- Monday 16th February 2015

        

Hello everyone! Welcome to this weeks Simple Slimming Suppers!!

Ask you know there was no weight loss updates on last weeks post as Allan and I were away so weren't able to weigh ourselves. Therefore, it has been 2 weeks today since we weighed ourselves. I am very pleased to say that even though we had a lovely little mini holiday where we just ate what we wanted, neither of us put any weight on, in fact we have both lost weight!! Yay! I have lost 4lbs since last time and Allan has lost 1lb! Not as much as we would usually like to lose in 2 weeks, however, considering we have cheated quite a few times during these 2 weeks we are very pleased with our losses! This means that I have now lost 1stone 4 1/2 lbs in total and Allan has lost 11lbs. Not bad at all in my opinion!! I have been feeling under the weather the past few days and must admit I have found it hard to stay on plan, it's very hard to stick to a diet when all you want to do is eat comfort food and drink hot chocolate!! But hey hey never mind! Think thin Anna, think thin!!

Now.. For this weeks recipe of the week. This week I thought I would share my recipe for Syn Free Bolognese. This is one of my favourite meals and I have it every week, usually more than once because there is always plenty leftover!! This recipe should feed 3-4 people so if there's only one or two of you then just bung the leftovers in a Tupperware and pop it in the freezer. I do this every week, it's great for when allan is away working and I'm on my own as I was getting into the habit of not having "proper" meals when he was away. This way I can have a "proper meal" when I'm on my own but without having to cook from scratch every night.

Syn Free Bolognese




Ingredients-

500g lean minced beef
2x 400g tins/cartons of chopped tomatoes (I had ones with added garlic and onion but plain is fine!)
200g Passatta
1 chopped onion
1 punnet of chopped mushrooms 
2 crushed garlic cloves 
1 stock cube
tbsps of tomato purée
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsps dried chilli flakes (we like hot food, if you don't, just add 1 tsp)
1 heaped tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp salt (or to your taste)
Pinch of black pepper
Fry light

Method-

1) heat a large saucepan and spray with fry light.

2) add your minced beef to pan and fry until browned.



3) once your minced beef is browned, add your onion, mushrooms and crushed garlic and stir into the minced beef until onions and mushrooms begin to soften.




4) once your onions and mushrooms have started to soften, crumble in your stock cube, add the 2 tbsps of tomato purée and stir for a few minutes.



4) add your 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes, 200g of Passatta and stir through for a few minutes.

5) then, add your remaining ingredients one by one, stirring well in between adding each ingredient.





6) allow your Bolognese to simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.

7) after 15 minutes, you should have a lovely Bolognese sauce that looks something like this..




Yum yum!! Remember, this is only my recipe for it, if you taste it and you feel like it needs more garlic, salt, pepper etc just add it to your taste! This Bolognese sauce is great served the traditional way with spaghetti, in a bowl with a side salad, in a jacket potato, spooned over slimming world chips, even with rice!! It can also really easily be made into a chilli con carne by adding some kidney beans and the right spices (there are lots of slimming world chilli recipes online!). I have just made this Bolognese and we will be having ours for tea tonight with pasta and topped with 40g of reduced fat grated cheese each (our healthy extra A's!). I must say it smells delicious!!

As always, I hope you have enjoyed reading this weeks Simple Slimming Suppers and do let me know if you try my recipe and what you think!! Also, as always if anybody has any yummy Slimming World recipes they would like to share with me, please do! I'm always looking for inspiration!

See you all next week!
Anna
xx