Tuesday 13 January 2015

Getting to know the Hocks! - Colin

 

Colin Wilcock

Welcome to the first "Getting to Know the Hocks" post, our weekly feature so those who don't know us can get to know us better!
 
FULL NAME: Colin Wilcock
DATE OF BIRTH: 30 June 1984
WHERE I LIVE NOW: I currently live in Ainsdale which is near to Southport in the North West of England. For  those who don't know it, on a map it is basically half way between Liverpool and Blackpool on the Coast.
 
WHERE I LIVED GROWING UP: From 1984 when I was born until January 1993 I lived in Skelmersdale, then moved to Ainsdale and have lived their ever since
WHERE WAS I EDUCATED: Holland Moor Primary School in Skelmersdale, Shoreside Primary School in Ainsdale, Birkdale High School in Birkdale, Southport College
PLACES I HAVE WORKED: I have worked in Ball Shoes, a shoe shop that was in Southport Town Centre, Publishers Book Clearance, a book shop also in Southport Town Centre and Mind Games Southport which I Co-Own with my business partner in Southport Market.
HOBBIES: I am a big fan of reality TV, I do the occasional Jigsaw, I like reading Autobiographies. I'm a massive supporter of Liverpool FC. I like watching most sports.
FAVOURITE FOOD: This is difficult. I love pasta. I love fajitas. it would definitely be one of those 2. I think fajitas just edge it though. Chicken Fajitas!
FAVOURITE DRINK: Bulmers No 17
 
FAVOURITE BAND / SINGER AND SONG: Sad as it might sound, has to be Michael Jackson. He was a genius and my favourite ever song is Man in the Mirror so it has to be him. He had problems, but that is kind of what made him, Him!
FAVOURITE TV PROGRAMME: Absolutely no question - Mrs Brown's Boys by a country mile, love love love it!
FAVOURITE HOLIDAY DESTINATION: Anyone who has been reading this blog will know this answer already. The last few years we have all been going to Center Parcs and I absolutely love it. Your in your own lodge in the forest with plenty to do. Whinfell is definitely my favourite though!

 
FAVOURITE FILM: I am not a huge film fan, I don't have the attention span lol but I must admit I did watch Sky fall about a year ago and have watched it a few times since. I think it is a very dark but interesting film.
CELEBRITY CRUSH: Cheryl Cole - Lets face it we all still call her that lol. 
MOST EMBARRASSING MEMORY: I remember when we had a Sports Gala Swimming Day in Shoreside Primary School and they used the big pool at Pontins which was just down the road and I wouldn't get in at first because  I didn't like it being so deep. The teacher persuaded me to get in and I got halfway across the pool and had a panic and nearly drowned. In front of the whole school and their families!
WHAT I LOOKED LIKE AS A BABY:
 
WORST CHILDHOOD PHOTO:
 
FAVOURITE MEMORY: Ill never ever forget 2 occasions, but both are equally as special to me. The first Day was the day I met my beautiful Niece, Rosie. The year she was born was really heavy snow and I remember digging my mum and dads car out so they could go and see her as I couldn't due to illness. a few days later Allan and Anna brought her to our house and she was the smallest most beautiful thing I had ever held. The Second occasion was when Allan and Anna got married and I was asked to be best man. I did my speech and everyone still talks about it now.
SOMETHING I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TOO: Spending many more times with Rosie as she grows up
A WISH FOR THE FUTURE: That the whole family remain healthy and as close as we are today :)
 

And that is the end of the Getting to Know the Hocks: Colin Wilcock

Next Tuesday its the turn of Anna Wilcock (Was Hughes)