Monday 16 March 2015

Simple Slimming Suppers- Monday 16th March 2015

        
       

       
Hey everyone, Welcome to this weeks Simple Slimming Suppers!

This week I have lost another 1 1/2lbs. Again, although any loss is good and I went down a jeans size (yay!) , this isn't as much as I was hoping for, therefore has left me feeling a little bit disappointed. I have done slimming world before and found that after about 2 months my weight loss started to slow down, I think this is the case with the majority of long term diets if I'm honest. I have been reading ways to speed up weight loss and I have noticed that lots of other Slimming Works members found that they could speed their weight loss up by having a mainly vegetarian diet, i.e lots of fresh fruit and veg and meat substitutes such as Linda McCartney and Quorn. I know a lot of people turn their noses up at Quorn (some before they've even tried it!) but I have to admit I quite like it (not too keen on the cold Quorn but the stuff you cook is actually rather yummy!)! They have lots of Syn free or very low Syn products and I already eat their sausages, chicken nuggets (only 1/2 a Syn each and feel like a real treat!) and have tried their burgers and they are all lovely!. As Quorn products were on offer in Asda this week I decided to stock up and I am going to mainly stick to non-meat meals this week to see if it helps speed my weight loss up. Allan won't eat Quorn so on the nights he is home (weekends) I will use lean meat in our meals as normal. Most people I have seen online that have been helped by cutting down on meat still eat meat 2/3 nights a week so here's hoping that it helps me as it has them! I shall let you know next week!

       
   

Now, this week instead of my usual recipe of the week I have decided to do something slightly different and share with you what I eat on a normal on-plan day! If you are considering starting slimming world hopefully this will help you to see that just because you are in a diet, your food can still be yummy and enjoyable! So here is what I ate today!

Breakfast-



Today I had lots of chopped up fruit (apple, banana and blueberries) topped with lots of fat free Greek Yogurt, a sprinkle of sweetener and a crumbled Chocolate and Fudge Alpen Light Bar. Yum!

Total Syns for Breakfast = 0 syns and 1/2 healthy extra B for Alpen Bar (you are allowed 2 of these a day as your healthy extra B!)

Lunch-




Today I had a Jacket Potato with Fat Free Pineapple Cottage Cheese and 4 slices of Quorn Turkey, followed by a Muller Light Fruitopolis Yogurt (my new favourite yogurt, they are lovely!) plus a pint of Sugar Free Squash!

Total Syns For Lunch- 0.5 syns for cottage cheese and 0.5 syns for yogurt = 1 Syn

Dinner-



Today I had a Peppered Quorn Steak with Mashed Carrot and Swede (made by mashing diced cooked carrot and swede, a tsp of margarine, a dash of milk from my Healthy Extra A and salt and pepper together) , Mushy Peas and a Tbsp of Low Sugar and Salt Tomato Ketchup. This was so filling! I followed this a while later with another Muller Light Fruitopolis Yogurt.

Total Syns For Dinner- 1 1/2 syns for tsp margarine, 1/2 Syn for tbsp ketchup and 1/2 syn for yogurt = 2 1/2 syns

Snacks-

Today for snacks I have had lots of fruit, some Low Fat Supernoodles, a normal Muller Light Yogurt and my other Alpen Light bar from my Healthy Extra B.

Total Syns For Snacks- Zero. All my snack foods were Syn free today :)

Total Syns Used Today Out Of My 15 Syn Allowance-

3 1/2 Syns! Great day Syns wise whilst still eating lots of yummy food!


So there you have it! That was what I ate today! Hopefully I have inspired someone to try Slimming World if they were thinking twice about it! Do remember that if you don't want to/don't like to eat Quorn then everything I have eaten today can be made using meat instead!

Do let me know if I have inspired you to try Slimming World and if you try any of my recipes from my Simple Slimming Suppers posts!

I will be back next week with my Recipe Of The Week!

Much Love,
Anna
xx