Monday 26 January 2015

Simple Slimming Suppers! Monday 26th January 2015

I
      

Hello everyone, Anna here!

Welcome to this weeks Simple Slimming Suppers. This week was my 3rd weigh in since starting the Slimming World diet. This week I lost 3lbs, making my total weight loss 13lbs in 3 weeks! I'm chuffed to bits with how well the diet is working! I won't lie, when I first saw -3lbs on the scales i was slightly gutted that I was so close to a stone and hadn't quite managed it, but then I soon snapped out of it and realised that 13lbs in 3 weeks is a real achievement and I am actually now very proud of myself!! Here's hoping I get that stone next week!!

This week I have done a lot more excercise, I have been jogging and running up and down the stairs. Wow am I achy, but it's so worth it when you see the results! 

From now on I will also be including Allan and Colin's weight loss journeys in these weekly posts. They are both trying to lose weight and feel that if they are in this post every week and know that you guys will all know if they dont stick to it, it will keep them going!

This week Allan lost 2lbs, making his total a 5lb loss in 3 weeks, he is doing very well and doesn't have that much to lose anyway. He has quite a physical job and gets excercise in work most days, and he is eating as healthily as he can when he is away at work and is eating the same slimming world meals as me when he is home. I am very proud of him!

This week Colin lost 1lb, making his loss -3lbs in total! He feels disappointed by this but I think any loss is a huge achievement! Colin is trying to speed up his weight loss by taking up lots more excercise and snacking less (I think snacking was everyone's downfall!). He has been doing lots more walking, going on the excercise bike on his days off and also spending some time on the wii fit. He's doing a super job!!

So now for my recipe of the week! It took me a while to pluck up the courage to make this dish as I thought it sounded a bit weird, but everyone on slimming world raves about it so I bit the bullet last night and made it. Well O.M.G am I glad I did! It was delicious and well worth making, don't be put off just because it sounds strange, you will love it!

Diet coke chicken!

Ingredients

1 tsp Mixed herbs
1 Onion
8 tbsp Passatta
2 cloves Garlic
Fry light
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
200ml Chicken stock
1 packet of Diced chicken
1 Green pepper
1 Yellow pepper
330ml can diet coke
4tbsp Tomato purée
Bag of Sugar snap peas
1 Teaspoon chilli fakes (optional, we just like our food a bit spicy)
Rice


      

Method 


1) start by chopping the onions and peppers and crushing the garlic cloves.

   
 
2) spray a saucepan with fry light and fry the onion, peppers and garlic for about 5 mins or until slightly brown.

                  
    
3) add the mixed herbs, Passatta, Worcester sauce, soy sauce,stock, can of coke, tomato purée and chilli flakes, turn heat to medium, cover and let simmer for 12 mins.

                      


4) after 12 mins add sugar snap peas and let simmer for 10 more mins.

   


5) take the sauce off the heat, keep covered.

6) In a separate pan,  spray with fry light and stir fry chicken until almost cooked.

                          


7) add sauce and allow to simmer until chicken is fully cooked.

8) Meanwhile, cook some boil in the bag rice whilst the chicken is cooking.

                          


9) once rice and chicken are cooked through, serve and enjoy!

   

This was definitely one of our favourite slimming world recipes yet. Do let me know if you try it, I'd love to know if you wether you enjoyed it as much as us! Also, feel free to share any slimming world recipes you may have, I'm always looking for new things to try!

See you next week! 
Anna
xx