Monday 9 March 2015

Simple Slimming Suppers!- Monday 9th March 2015


       


Hello everyone!, Welcome to this weeks Simple Slimming Suppers! Now I have a confession to make, I have struggled with the diet this week. Firstly it was mine and Allan's anniversary then we spent a few nights in Southport. This meant we've had quite a few off-plan treats this past week. However, despite having a few naughty moments, I still managed to lose 1 1/2lbs, Allan lost 1lb and Colin lost 2lbs! I didn't lose as much as I would like to but it's my on fault for cheating and I didn't expect to lose anything this week. Therefore, I'm happy to have still lost anything at all! Firmly back on plan now so hoping for a bigger loss this week! Although i didn't lose as much weight as I would like to, it is good to treat yourself sometimes as long as it's not making you put all your weight back on!

Now, time for this weeks recipe! This week I have decided to share my recipe for the classic Chilli Con Carne. This is one of Allan's favourite meals and I can guarantee a clear plate whenever I cook it. We like hot and spicy food so remember, if you're not a fan of spice, just adjust the spices to your liking!

Syn Free Chilli Con Carne

Ingredients-

1 Pack of Lean Mince
1 Punnet of Mushrooms, Finely Chopped
1 Large Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Yellow Pepper, Finely Chopped
1 Green Pepper, Finely Chopped
2-3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
4 Tbsp Tomato Purée
1 Stock Cube, crumbled
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1/2 Carton Of Passata
1 Tin of Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce
2 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tsp Hot Cayenne Pepper (this stuff is seriously spicy, if you don't like your food hot I recommend just using 1/2 a tsp of cayenne pepper and adding an extra 1/2 tsp of paprika)
Salt, To Your Taste
Black Pepper, To Your Taste
Fry Light
Sweetener



Method-

1) Spray a large pan with Fry Light and fry Mince until brown.



2) Add the Onion, Mushrooms, Peppers and Garlic and fry with Mince until the Veg is soft.



3) Add your 4 tbsp of Tomato Purée and crumbled Stock Cube and stir into the Mince and Veg for a few minutes until thoroughly coated.



4) Add the tin of Chopped Tomatoes and the 1/2 carton of Pasatta and stir well.



5) Add the Cumin, Cinnamon, Smoked Paprika, Coriander, Cayenne Pepper, Salt and Black Pepper, stirring well in between adding each spice. Taste and if you feel like you need more spice just add to your taste.

6) Add your tin of Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce (add all the sauce, do not drain) and stir thoroughly.

7) Add a small sprinkle of Sweetener and stir well.

8) Allow Chilli to simmer until Beans have softened.



9) Taste your Chilli, if you feel like it needs any more spice, sweetener or salt just add to your taste.

10) Serve your Chilli however you like it! We had ours spooned over Boiled Rice with a blob of Fat Free Natural Yogurt on top but it also goes beautifully in a Jacket Potato, Spooned over Slimming World Chips, With Cous Cous or just on its own in a bowl with a Side Salad! The leftovers taste even better warmed up the next day too! Suitable for freezing!



I really hope you have enjoyed this weeks recipe! If you try it and enjoy it do let me know, I would love to hear from anyone who reads our blog! Also, if you have any yummy Slimming World friendly recipes that you think I would enjoy, please share! I am always looking for new recipes and ideas to try!

See you next week!
Anna
xx